My Blog List

Sunday 29 November 2015

The Cultural Exchange with Masterton Intermediate School

Masterton Intermediate School welcomed H.N.I on to their school after the 3 hour long trip on the bus. I was surprised how many students there were, around 120 people they had almost and we had only 75 people in our whole cultural exchange.


Everyone from Choir, Orchestra and Kapa Haka from both schools were sat in Masterton’s Hall. ‘Kihkihi’ came up on screen and the introduction entered our ears. The low and high parts came in at different times. After going through our combined item the different groups split up.


Our Choir practiced our individual pieces, while Masterton decided what songs they will be singing. We then joined together and practiced the combined choir item, ‘Think Of Me’.


M.I.S and H.N.l Kapa Haka went to Solway Primary to perform/ practise.Then went back to M.I.S to grab our bags to go back to Mawley Park and unpack.


Everybody got changed and we walked out of Mawley Park to go ten pin bowling. After an hour of ten pin bowling we went back and ate dinner which was pizza and lasagne. Everybody got ready to go to M.I.S  yet again, for our formal performance in front parents and family from Masterton.


In the morning at Mawley Park, we were all very sad because it meant we had to leave in a couple of hours. We were being rushed out of our cabins, packing everything we had, onto the bus.


The Talent quest begun with their rock band not knowing that one of my fellow friends (Diamond) were in the band. I was cheering him on the whole time, the principal made us have singing competitions after each performance. It was near the end of the talent show and it was Jaevarn’s turn to sing and I was singing along the songs with him.


H.N.I had to evacuate the hall but it was to hard to leave behind all the friends that we had made, I almost had tears watering down my face on the way out to the bus with Masterton following behind us. I nearly didn’t get on the bus because I was too busy saying my good byes and paying my respects to My fellow Masterton students that I made in the past two days.


Mrs Hurley called at me to get in the bus, while I found my seat,M.I.S was doing the haka and I was doing it with them to stop me from being sad and crying, but it didn’t help. I was sad the whole way back home.


Sapphire, Akayla and Jaime
Sapphire and Akayla in action.




2 comments:

  1. A great recount of an awesome exchange Sapphire - tino pai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome recount, Sapphire.
    What was your favourite part?

    Sincerely, Teva Tait.

    ReplyDelete